Types of work
PMI Measure Malaria provided direct and remote malaria surveillance, monitoring, and evaluation (SME) support through various technical activities. We worked chiefly in health information system strengthening for malaria programs, monitoring and evaluation, and helping countries progress toward malaria elimination.
We worked through our embedded senior malaria advisors at a country’s national malaria control program (NMCP) to provide long-term sustained support, or with technical experts from consortium members for short-term support. Some examples of our work included:
- Assessing country’s current processes and capacity for data collection and reporting, quality assurance, analysis, and use
- Collaboratively developing a standard package of approaches that map to a country’s malaria transmission and SME needs
- Installing or supporting regular malaria measurement technical working groups (TWGs), assess NMCP/TWG organizational and behavioral capacity
- Providing technical assistance in data collection, quality, analysis, and use at the national and sub-national level
- Participating in the informed development of a country’s new national malaria strategic plan and M&E plan
- Strengthening capacity through direct mentorship and country-specific malaria SME workshops focusing on malaria surveillance and evaluation methods for malaria adapted to country specific needs.